Online Web File Access
JMC Student Access
JMC Teacher Access
JMC Parent Access
Streaming Events (NFHS)
"Education as a Lifestyle"
Letters and notices will be sent out to the district when 2 or more active cases around found in a school building.
Your child may have been exposed to: Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease
Hand, foot, and mouth disease is a viral infection that causes a blister-like rash. There is no treatment for hand foot because it is a viral infection.
If you think your child has hand, foot, and mouth disease, tell your childcare provider or call the school.
Keep your child home from childcare and school until fever is gone and child is healthy enough for routine activities. Sores or a rash may still be present but must be crusted over and healing before returning to school.
Your child may have a runny nose, low-grade fever, and sometimes a sore throat.
A blister-like rash occurs in the mouth. It may be on the sides of the tongue, inside the cheeks, and on the gums.
These sores may last 7 to 10 days. This rash may occur on the palms and fingers of the hands, on the bottom of the feet, or on the buttocks.
If your child is infected, it may take 3 to 6 days for symptoms to start.
• By coughing and sneezing.
• By touching hands, objects, or surfaces contaminated with stool.
• By touching fluid from the blisters.
During the first week of illness. The virus may be in the stool for several weeks.
Call your health care provider
• If anyone in your home has symptoms.
• Cover nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing. Use a tissue or your sleeve. Dispose of used tissues in the trash.
• Wash hands after touching anything that could be contaminated with the secretions from the mouth or nose, stool, or fluid from the blisters. Wash hands before preparing food or eating. Your child may need help with handwashing.
• Clean and disinfect any objects that come in contact with stool or secretions from the nose or mouth. This includes toilets, potty chairs, sinks, toys, diaper changing areas, and surfaces. Use a product that kills germs.