Online Web File Access
JMC Student Access
JMC Teacher Access
JMC Parent Access
Streaming Events (NFHS)
Virtual Learning Day Resources
"Education as a Lifestyle"
TRACY AREA COMMUNITY EDUCATION
October 2018 - Driver Education Information & Schedule
Tracy Area Community Educations is offering a classroom driver education class in October. The session is 10 classes in its entirety. Classes will be held on the dates below from 3:10pm – 6:30pm at Tracy Area High School Health Room.
Registrations are now being accepted for the October session. Enrollment for the August session is limited to the first 25 students registered and paid. Deadline to register is October 5th or until the class is full. Behind the wheel instruction will be scheduled at the conclusion of the 2018-2019 school year.
Prerequisites for enrolling in the fall classroom driver education session:
þ Priority is given to the freshmen class, followed by students attending Tracy Area Public Schools.
Three-hour classes are held from 3:10pm – 6:30pm on the following dates:
October 15, 16, 23, 24, 25, 26, 30, 31, Nov 1
Class Location and Cost
To the student:
As you enter the world of driving, please accept the fact that driving a vehicle is to be taken seriously and with a tremendous amount of responsibility. Your actions affect not only yourself, but also all highway users.
Driving is a privilege and a major turning point in the lives of teenagers and their parents. The cost of driving, the risks, the pressures, the responsibilities…all speak to the need for a well-trained and educated driver. Driving is not something to learn by trial-and-error. Driving involves skill, knowledge, and most importantly: low-risk driving habits.
Driver Education Checklist
1. Sign up for Driver Education classroom by completing the registration form & returning it with your payment by October 5thto:
Tracy Area Community Education
934 Pine Street
Tracy, MN 56175
2. After successful completion of the classroom portion of Driver Education, student will receive a blue card from the instructor. The blue card should be put somewhere safe where it will be easy to find.
3. After student turns 15 years of age, bring the following:
1. Blue card - all signatures are required
2. Certified copy of birth certificate (primary document)
3. Social Security card, a certified copy of a school transcript, or a valid passport. (secondary document)
Phone Numbers to your county Driver’s License Bureau (Marshall, Ivanhoe, Pipestone, or Slayton)
Pipestone County Murray County
416 Hiawatha Avenue South 2500 28th Street
Pipestone, MN 56164 Slayton, MN 56172
Lyon County Lincoln County
607 West Main St. 319 N. Rebecca
Marshall, MN 56258 Ivanhoe, MN 56142
*Be sure to call the county office in advance to make arrangements to take the written test.
After taking & passing the test, you will need to complete the application and pay the fee ($12) at the courthouse to validate your permit. Permit is valid for two years.
4. Students are required by the State of MN to complete 30 hours of driving with a licensed adult 10 of which should be at night.
5. After receiving permit, sign up for Behind the Wheel instruction with Mr. Brian Michelson at Tracy Area High School. You must give a 24 hour notice of cancellation or you will be billed $20.00 for the instructor’s time.
6. Upon successful completion of the Behind the Wheel instruction, student will receive a white card from the instructor, making them eligible to take their driver’s test when they turn sixteen. Note: Under Minnesota’s graduated licensing rules, the student must have their driving permit for at least 6 months before they are eligible to take the road test for their provisional driver’s license. (exception: Farm Work Drivers License)
7. After student turns 16 years of age, call the county Driver’s License Bureau to set up an appointment to take the driver’s license test. Student MUST show permit and white card at time of test.
8. Parents are now required to document 50 hours of driving with their child prior to taking the driving test. This can be reduced to 40 hours of documented driving if both the student and the parent attend a 'Point of Impact' class held at the high school either in the fall or the spring of the year.
TRACY AREA COMMUNITY EDUCATION
TO REGISTER: Enclose this registration/contract form along with a check or money order payable to Tracy Area Community Education. Send to: Tracy Area Community Education, 934 Pine Street, Tracy56175. Half payment must accompany registration and contract by October 5, 2018.
Registration and payment is required for registration in this program.
Student's legal name as it appears on your birth certificate:
Last ____________________________First___________________ Middle ____________
Student's date of birth________________________ School Attending_________________________________
Home address________________________________________City________________ Zip_____________
Home Phone #_______________________________ Parent cell or work #____________________________
Email (student)_______________________________________ (parent)_______________________________
PACKAGE FEEFOR CLASSROOM AND BEHIND THE WHEEL INSTRUCTION
(payable to Tracy Area Community Education):
If a student withdraws from the driver ed program after attending five or fewer classroom sessions, the maximum amount that will be refunded will be 50%. After attending six or more classroom sessions, a refund is not allowed.
According to the MN Dept. of Public Safety’s Rules for Driver Education:
class per day.
2. A minimum of 6 hours of laboratory instruction (behind-the-wheel) is required, with no more than 2 hours
per day. Observation time does not count as lab instruction time.
3. Students must be at least 14 years old before they begin their first day of classroom instructional training.
This agreement/contract constitutes an agreement/contract between the program and the student/parent and no verbal statements or promises will be recognized.
We agree to the following terms and conditions described above:
Student Signature:__________________________________________________ Date_______________
Parent Signature:___________________________________________________ Date_______________
Authorized program official:___________________________________________ Date_______________